[Freeswitch-users] REGISTER with Telekom SIP Trunk

Schäffner, Johannes Johannes.Schaeffner at secunet.com
Tue Aug 17 07:00:23 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to register with a Deutsche Telekom SIP Trunk.

The Deutsche Telekom technical documentation states that the client must set the following SIP header fields:

For an initial REGISTER without Authentication Challenge the SIP Header fields

- Security-Client: sdes-srtp;mediasec

- Proxy Request: mediasec

- Requirement: mediasec

shall be included. The platform replies with SIP 401 Unauthorised and contains the SIP header fields

- Security server: msrp-tls;mediasec

- Security server: sdes-srtp;mediasec

- Security server: dtls-srtp;mediasec

with indication of the possible encryption methods. For the following REGISTER with Authentication Challenge,

in addition to the originally included SIP header fields Security-Client, Proxy-Require, Require the SIP header fields

- Security Check: msrp-tls;mediasec

- Security check: sdes-srtp;mediasec

- Security check: dtls-srtp;mediasec

shall also be included. According to RFC3261, the Security-Verify header fields can also be combined as a single header field.

I have seen, that the Sofia-Stack has implemented these Fields.

But I have not found a way to set these header fields in the REGISTER message.

(For the INVITE messages I'm using the set action sip_h_*; not sure if this is correct.

There I have the Problem, that I'm not able to set the SDP Attribute

a=3ge2ae:requested)

Regards, Johannes