[Freeswitch-users] How to avoid clipping when transcoding to PCMA/U ?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:51:31 UTC 2020

Our conference.conf.xml had:

      <param name="comfort-noise" value="false"/>

and no auto-gain-level. I changed it:

      <param name="comfort-noise" value="0"/>
      <param name="auto-gain-level" value="-2000"/>

And there's now clipping only during the loudest parts. But I think this
gain setting is already extreme and I'd like to know if there's a less
brute-force way to eliminate clipping.