[Freeswitch-users] RECORD_STEREO and record_sample_rate aren't working with conference

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 06:30:11 UTC 2020

You create as many SIP profiles or gateways as you need. You can name the files anything you wish because the important bits are contained inside the files, typically near the top.

The typical profile in the Vanilla config files contains these lines:

  <gateways>

    <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="internal/*.xml"/>

  </gateways>

which tells FS to scan the “internal” subdirectory for all XML files. Inside one of those would be your Asterisk file that contains a line like:

<gateway name="asterisk">

which appears in your current dial string. That string in the gateway name= is what tells FS which gateway to use when you specify it in the dial string.

Since your Asterisk SIP profile works, just copy that, set the owner and permissions appropriately, and edit the contents to point to your 2nd FreeSWITCH box IP and port number and whatever other parameters need to change.

---

John Boteler

BnC Group U.S.A.