[Freeswitch-users] mod_amqp on Mac OS

Phil Steitz phil.steitz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:59:55 UTC 2020

Has anyone succeeded at getting mod_amqp built and working on Mac OS?  I
am trying to get a Mac dev server working to test apps that use RabbitMQ
to send and receive FS events.

I first tried just enabling the module in a system installed using the
MacFI installer.  It did not load and showed as not present. Looking at
the so's I could see it had not been built.  I tried to hack the config
in the deployed sources to get it to build (see below), but it was
missing the amqp dependencies.  Searching the archives, I found the
thread starting at [1].

I tried using brew to install rabbitmq-c and then setting package path
per suggestions in the responses in [2].  That worked to get get the
module built, but I ended up getting a seg fault when I started FS.

If I can get some pointers on how to do this correctly, I would be happy
to submit a patch to the Mac wiki with instructions on how to do it.

The dev server that I am trying to do the build on is OSX 10.15.7.  I
started by using the MacFI installer, which does not build the module.
To get the module built, I modified freeswitch/src/mod/modules.inc to
add it.  Then config, make, make install after the rabbitmq-c brew
install and with |

|PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/Cellar/rabbitmq-c/0.10.0/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/lib/pkgconfig"
exported.  This works, but the server fails on startup with Segmentation
Fault 11.|

Thanks!

Phil

[1]