[Freeswitch-users] Noise on line, does not show up in recordings

Sam van Herwaarden svanherwaarden at precisionag.org
Tue Jun 23 11:59:35 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I frequently get noise during calls with my FreeSWITCH deployment. It
sounds like a brief burst of distortion - typically less than a second.
I've had it happen both when using playback with WAV (different formats - I
found recommendations suggesting 8000Hz, 128 kb/s mono and it shows up with
that format as well) and text-to-speech with flite. It happens at
unpredictable moments - it's not the same from one call to the next. I've
added a record_session statement to investigate in more detail, but the
noise does not show up in the recording.

Does anyone have advice on what might be causing this or how I could
further debug this?

Kind regards,
Sam