[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch doesn't run on Raspberry Pi 1

Dušan Dragić dragic.dusan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:38:31 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I just installed Freeswitch 1.10.5
(1.10.5~release~6~25569c1631~buster-1~buster+1) from the offical freeswitch
rpi repo on an old Raspberry Pi 1B, but trying to run freeswitch I'm
getting "Illegal instruction". The OS is latest Raspberry Pi OS Lite, fully
updated.

If a take the SD card, plug it in my PC, mount it and run it in a chroot
with qemu user arm emulation (qemu-arm-static) I can start freeswitch just
fine, it only doesn't run on the rpi 1 hardware.

I haven't installed any debug symbols so this isn't really useful, but gdb
says:

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0xb68db728 in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.1
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xb68db728 in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.1
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb68d518c in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.1
No symbol table info available.
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Does anyone know if the old rpi 1 is still supported by the packages from
the repo or do they only work on newer pi models (armv7 cpus)?

Regards,
--
Dušan Dragić