[Freeswitch-users] TURN TCP to reduce TURN cost

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:07:06 UTC 2020

Brian West <brian at freeswitch.com> wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] ADD 2 ICE CANDIDATES mod_verto
> set the variable include_external_ip=true

Hey Brian,

Your tip about include_external_ip seemed relevant to my recent question
whether FS supports TURN TCP; that is, can FS be configured to provide a
tcp candidate in its answer sdp, which would save the cost of sending calls
through TURN for users whose firewalls block needed udp ports.

I searched for your variable in the source and found
https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/blob/53cd06900c5ce827b2c0ac74485607d9a07d4a7d/src/switch_core_media.c#L9957
which shows that the transport is not frozen as "udp" but is the value of
ice_out->cands[0][0].transport

Is it possible for this transport member to be "tcp"? How could one
configure FS to provide both udp and tcp candidates?

Cheers,
David