[Freeswitch-users] Bridge and+or carrier failover

Shane Mitchell shane.mitchell at fonedynamics.com.au
Tue Apr 3 07:26:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to implement carrier failover with the bridge application, specifically when working with multiple simultaneous destinations.

For a single destination, I can use OR (|) and fail_on_single_reject to appropriately failover.  For example (simplified):

{fail_on_single_reject=user_busy}sofia/gateway/GW1/ENDPOINT1|sofia/gateway/GW2/ENDPOINT1

However with multiple simultaneous destinations, I'm having issues with approach.  I've tried the following (simplified):

{fail_on_single_reject=user_busy}sofia/gateway/GW1/ENDPOINT1|sofia/gateway/GW2/ENDPOINT1,sofia/gateway/GW3/ENDPOINT2|sofia/gateway/GW4/ENDPOINT2

This terminates all new channels when any one of them fails.

What I'm trying to do is to stop bridge attempting a specific OR chain when one fails, but to continue executing the rest of the ANDs.

Is there a way to achieve bridging to multiple destinations simultaneously, with each destination having its own list of failover gateways, and having failover for a destination only occur on certain cause codes (i.e. we don't want to fail over on user_busy/etc, but we do on other types of failures)?

Thanks & regards,
Shane Mitchell.