[Freeswitch-users] FS to FS

Rick Jarvis rick at magicmail.mooo.com
Wed May 31 13:57:38 UTC 2017

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it’s something I’ve always struggled with that I’m convinced should be quite straightforward.

Getting one FS to register with another as an extension (I know there are other ways of getting FS to talk together, but this is the situation I’m faced with).

Box one (the host) is not behind NAT.
Box two (the client) IS behind NAT.

In my mind it should be good enough to have a directory entry on box one, and a SIP profile on box two, then something like a catchall dial plan entry on box 2 to accept the calls made to the ‘extension’ it’s registered as and handle the call accordingly. But I don’t think it’s that simple?

I’ve looked through the soft phone configuration, which suggests using a directory entry with the register flag set to true, but this doesn’t seem to help me.

Thanks