[Freeswitch-users] Fs_path

Vladyslav Zakhozhai v.zakhozhai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:11:42 MSK 2017

Hi David,

there is no magick with fs_path. fs_path contains value from Path header of
a request which comes from sip proxy, i.e. kamailio. It means that replies
and SIP requests from freeswitch to UAC will traverse SIP proxy which
should be on the path.

For example,
Request: UAC ==> SIP proxy/load balancer ==> freeswitch box
Reply: freeswitch box ==> SIP proxy/load balancer ==> UAC
Request (INVITE): freeswitch box ==> SIP proxy/load balancer ==> UAC

Without path specified freeswitch will send direct messages to UAC:

Request: UAC ==> SIP proxy ==> freeswitch box
Reply: freeswitch box ==> UAC

This behaviour may be undesirable.

So SIP proxy inserts itself to Path header and freeswitch recognizes it and
add fs_path tag to contact.

> Hello guys,
>
> I've been wondering where the "fs_path" parameter comes from? How is it
> built, etc? I've been seeing cases where when the client has no "fs_path",
> fs can't find the user and returns temp unavailable...
>
> Thanks all,
>
> David

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

С уважением,