[Freeswitch-users] Dest./port unreachable for RTCP and first few RTP packages

René Weiss rw at panorgan.ch
Thu Feb 9 17:45:40 MSK 2017

Hello,

While looking at some traces in Wireshark I noticed some packages which
generated an "Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)" ICMP answer
from my server.

These where:

- All RTCP packages

- At least in one case the first few RTP packages in a new call (6
packages over around 0.12s, after that RTP worked)

So my questions are:

- Should I be worried about these?

- What's the deal with RTCP packages? Can/should I simply ignore them
   or is there an option in freeswitch that I should set to handle them?

Thank you,
René