[Freeswitch-users] How to bridge a call to an extension without the display updating?

Michael Avers michael at mailworks.org
Fri Dec 8 07:52:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to create a random dialplan extension (say 5050) that when dialed into by a registered extension would bridge the call to another registered user (say 3000), but not change the display or P-Asserted-Identity.

Right now on the bridge it sends to the calling extension

*P-Asserted-Identity: "5050" <sip:3000 at sip.domain>.*

I tried setting all the possible values for sip_cid_type and setting ignore_display_updates to false, but it still sends the P-Asserted update as shown above.

The bridge itself I tried both with user/3000 at sip.domain and ${sofia_contact(566055 at rsi.solidphone.net)} - same result.

This is a problem because A. the display on the phone changes to "3000" and more importantly, B. if the calling user later hits redial it will dial 3000 instead of 5050.

Any way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
Mike