[Freeswitch-users] IP PBX selection
roamer2998 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 10:33:27 MSD 2017
Hi all, I'm new to VoIP, now we have a project that needs a PBX with
In our team we have argument for choosing PBX. By so far, we have
A: Open source
1) Asterisk PBX (http://www.asterisk.org
) (with longest history that almost every one knows it)
2) FreeSwitch (http://www.freeswitch.org
) (A lot people recommended it to us)
1) Vodia PBX (http://www.vodia.com). It comes from SNOM, but
acquired by a HongKong company
2) PortSIP PBX (http://www.portsip.com/portsip-pbx
). It also includes VoIP SDK, WebRTC and offer rebranding app for free.
My boss prefers the Open Source PBX since they are free, but our CTO
prefers the commercial editions, according to whom the business PBX
has better support, and the performance is good, and easy to use -
considering our team all are new to VoIP/PBX.
We have did some searching of FreeSwitch, it seems the sofia stack
comes from Nodia.
Here's my question:
1. Does the Nokia still maintain this stack or not?
2. Any commercial support by FreeSwitch developers? Can I got the quotation?
3. Is it easy to compile and setup FreeSwitch?
4. Which FreeSwitch version is recommended? ( 1.6?)
Thanks in advance .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Join us at ClueCon 2016 Aug 8-12, 2016
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users