[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as a SIP client

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Wed Sep 28 19:24:02 MSD 2016

Hello Dieter,

sure this should work. Registering a Freeswitch as a SIP client to an
external SIP server can be done through a gateway definition, as you
pointed out. The first step is to see, if the gateway is registered to
the Hipath ("sofia status" should show REGED for the gateway). If yes,
you're almost done. (I assume, you have to register to the Hipath, right?)
I think, that Freeswitch does not offer Subscribes in the external
profile, only in the default internal profile.
Do you receive an INVITE from the Hipath? Also note, that Freeswitch's
external profile is on Port 5080 instead of 5060, so Hipath has to send
to 5080.
On Linux, you may use ngrep to grep the SIP traffic: "ngrep -d any port
5080 -W byline").

Best regards
Peter