[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as a SIP client

Scholz, Dieter rd-disc at gmx.net
Wed Sep 28 16:22:19 MSD 2016

Hello,

this is my problem:

I would like to use Freeswitch as a gateway between our Hipath PBX and
an external SIP provider.

For that I created a Hipath SIP account that is working (tested with
X-lite). Now I would like to let Freeswitch act as a client using this
SIP account. Whenever there is an incoming call Freeswitch should act on
it and forward this call to an external SIP provider.

Is this possible? Does that make sense? Are there alternatives?

At the moment I'm stuck to configure Freeswitch as a client. I added the
Hipath SIP account as a gateway. When I compare the SIP traffic of
X-lite and Freeswitch using Wireshark I found out that Freeswitch dows
not offer the 'Subscribe' option. Is this the reason why it fails?

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Dieter