[Freeswitch-users] Using SIPS and not SIP TLS

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 11 18:46:29 MSD 2016

I've spoke with Acrobits about this, The behavior is correct for TLS with
SIPS, but confirming if maybe its ab ug on the TLS with SIP to ignore the
_sips._tcp src record, I do recall Polycom and Lync using _sip._tls in
their srv records.

/b

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Emrah <lists at kavun.ch> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am in the middle of an argument with a softphone vendor over how to
> handle SIP and TLS.
> They support TLS with SIP and TLS with SIPS.
> If I pick TLS with SIPS, the softphone can lookup my SRV records and
> register on my FS box. However, it comes through with a transport=tcp as a
> contact parameter. If I use TLS with SIP, the softphone will ignore my
> _SIPS._TCP records but come through with a transport=tls.
> TLS with SIP and TLS with SIPS are almost identical with SIPS ensuring, in
> theory, that all signaling hops will use TLS. This, however, requires that
> FreeSWITCH uses a SIPS uri scheme to contact my endpoint and encapsulate in
> TLS regardless of the transport parameter.
>
> What do you suggest?
>

> Here is my ticket with them: https://www.acrobits.net/hesk/
> ticket.php?track=YQL-TRS-J3M4
>
> Best,
> Emrah

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest