[Freeswitch-users] Using SIPS and not SIP TLS

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Tue Oct 11 15:35:03 MSD 2016

Hi there,
I am in the middle of an argument with a softphone vendor over how to handle SIP and TLS.
They support TLS with SIP and TLS with SIPS.
If I pick TLS with SIPS, the softphone can lookup my SRV records and register on my FS box. However, it comes through with a transport=tcp as a contact parameter. If I use TLS with SIP, the softphone will ignore my _SIPS._TCP records but come through with a transport=tls.
TLS with SIP and TLS with SIPS are almost identical with SIPS ensuring, in theory, that all signaling hops will use TLS. This, however, requires that FreeSWITCH uses a SIPS uri scheme to contact my endpoint and encapsulate in TLS regardless of the transport parameter.

What do you suggest?

Here is my ticket with them: https://www.acrobits.net/hesk/ticket.php?track=YQL-TRS-J3M4

Best,
Emrah