[Freeswitch-users] Signalling from Android app

Vladyslav Zakhozhai v.zakhozhai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:56:17 MSK 2016

The simplest and standard way is SIP over TLS (by the way it wotks via TCP
not UDP). But it does not solve your issue.

I think that you may consider using some kind of tunneling built-in in your
App (i.e. IPSec, SSL VPN, etc).  In this case nobody knows what kind of
traffic goes through this tunnel and you have not issues with NAT in SIP
messaging. But this is non-default solution and it will not work out of the
box in FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, etc (you need point of termination this
tunnels).

>From the other hand maybe websockets is an option as Mirko has mentioned.
But will it work properly with Asterisk or other opensource and
non-opensource or non-free PBXes? I doubt that.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM Mirko Brankovic <mirkobrankovic at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe you can use websockets and mod_verto  ... then you can send only
> json messages
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Senthil Ganesh <
> senthilganesh at zohocorp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an Audio/Video Android app. I am able to connect to the FS
> server using SIP protocol over UDP.
>
> I read somewhere that SIP protocol is blocked in some countries.
> Enterprise firewall restricts UDP packets and allow only TCP on port 443.
>
> What is the best way to do signalling from Android app?
>

> Regards,
> Senthil Ganesh

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> Regards,