[Freeswitch-users] How to play multiple video files (not video calls) in a conference

Saumar Hajjar saumar at uol.com.br
Thu Nov 10 21:00:11 MSK 2016

Hi,

I'm working in a PoC and I'm considering FS.

I'd like to create a conference and have several video files playing
simultaneously in the canvas.
I already tried: conference name play av:///var/www/vid/video.mp4 and it
works great.
But I need multiple files playing and apparently the above command
queues a video file (or freezes if it's a rtsp stream... Later I'll
confirm this and file a Jira)

I also tried creating a loopback leg, joining the conference, and
playing a video just to this particular member. But it fails because the
member doesn't support video.

Basically I'd like to do something like the examples found at the bottom
of
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+1.6+Video.
Probably I'm missing some trivial stuff... I really appreciate any
advice on this.

Thanks in advance,

Saumar