[Freeswitch-users] Can't get rtcp to work...

Allan Kristensen ak at hejdu.dk
Mon May 23 13:23:13 MSD 2016

Ok, digged into 'switch_core_media.c' and apparently the 'remote_rtcp_port'
is 0, so the function 'switch_rtp_activate_rtcp' is never called, which I
assume means rtcp is never enabled.
>From what I can see, it's set from channel variable
"rtp_remote_audio_rtcp_port" and going backwards it looks like it comes
from negotiating the sdp and the "a=rtcp:<port>" - so because the remote
sip client never provides this, nothing is set.
I'm I wrong? (it's sooome time since I've done C code ;-)

Just to make sure I did a <param name="rtcp-video-interval-msec"
value="passthru"/> in the sip_profile because I can see 'remote_port'
branching happen later in the source and voilá:

2016-05-23 08:59:41.252648 [INFO] switch_core_media.c:6549 Activating RTCP
PASSTHRU PORT 0
2016-05-23 08:59:41.252648 [DEBUG] switch_rtp.c:4189 RTCP passthru enabled.
Remote Port: 29991

However I wish to monitor each leg separately, so this is not a viable
option to me (and I'm no sure it works with remote port = 0 actually,
haven't checked the code)

Long story short, couldn't/shouldn't FS just assume that 'remote_rtcp_port'
is rtp_port +1 if 'a=rtcp' is missing in the in the SDP?

Hope someone can help ;-)

Regards,
  Allan