[Freeswitch-users] Relay 407 challenge to UE

Fabio Margarido fabiomargarido at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:52:24 MSD 2016

Hello there.

I'm working in a scenario in which FreeSWITCH acts as a media server and
all SIP signaling is proxied through Kamailio. Every call that comes in to
FreeSWITCH is simply bridged back to Kamailio and on to destination
network. Registration bypasses FreeSWITCH, so 401 REGISTER challenges are
dealt with by the UE directly.

Now I need to talk to a network which demands INVITEs are authenticated as
well. when the target network responds with a 407 Proxy Authentication
Required, FreeSWITCH terminates the dialog and fs_cli shows the following
error:

[ERR] sofia_reg.c:2583 Cannot locate any authentication credentials to
complete an authentication request for realm '"<whatever>"'

Is there any way I can instruct FreeSWITCH to relay the 407 challenge back
to the UE, so the authenticated INVITE can also be blindly bridged by
FreeSWITCH?

Thanks.