[Freeswitch-users] API break vs uuid_break

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Mar 13 22:53:00 MSK 2016

It appears that nearly six years ago the API 'break' was simply changed to
'uuid_break' in this commit:
https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/commits/63120a7452ad16fe62dd2b5d22135eb6222e6611

>From what I see in the code, both 'break' and 'uuid_break' call
'break_function' in mod_commands.c, so 'break' is really just an alias for
'uuid_break':

SWITCH_ADD_API(commands_api_interface, "break", "uuid_break",
break_function, BREAK_SYNTAX);
SWITCH_ADD_API(commands_api_interface, "uuid_break", "Break out of media
sent to channel", break_function, BREAK_SYNTAX);

For the sake of consistency you might want to consider changing your 'bgapi
break <uuid>' calls to 'bgapi uuid_break <uuid>'. There is a whole family
of uuid_* APIs and 'uuid_break' fits in nicely among them. You may find the
word 'break' all over source code, but if you see 'uuid_break' then you
know exactly what that means.

-MSC