[Freeswitch-users] API break vs uuid_break

Marek Slivanský - Livispace s.r.o. marek at telfa.cz
Sat Mar 12 12:24:51 MSK 2016

Hi there,

sorry if I'm not choosing the right way for asking for something, please
point me out, this is my first time using the mailing list.

I have a question regarding API command "break" has changed to "uuid_break".
I really tried to but I've not found any information about that.

We are using "bgapi break <uuid>" to stop playing some sound to a call
(leg), e.g. moh, and to continue with next dialplan item. We are using
v1.2.stable. Probably since last upgrade to the latest commit in this branch
(prior we were using some 09/2012 commit), sometimes (rarely) the command
"bgapi break <uuid>" gets ignored by FreeSwitch and sound remains playing
forever (local_stream://moh).

Could anyone please shed some light on this change (and perhaps add some
info why break has been deprecated and consequences of continuing to use it,
into wiki)?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Marek