[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch IVR: call drop on transfer to busy extensions

Francesco Piccinin francesco.piccinin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:40:50 MSK 2016

Hi all,
I'm experiencing an issue with IVR on production Freeswitch cluster.
I'm going to explain the problem as clear as possible just to understand if
anyone already get it and hopefully fix it.

Phone A makes a call that match an IVR services: call is transfered to
context services in xml services.
Call is then answered, audio menù is prompted: phone A makes a selection
(ex dtmf 2) and the call is trasfered to context default xml default in
order to ring phone B.
If phone B is in busy state the call is dropped.
On cli logs you can observe this behaviour:
Mod Sofia first hangup the channel with a USER BUSY cause and then it sends
a BYE to Phone A (or to a gateway in case of external calls) including Q850
cause=17 user busy.

Phone A or Gateway drop the call without busy tone.

In this case I'm expecting a SIP 486 (user busy message) instead of a bye,
is that correct?

I'm using the app "limit" in order to count active calls on extensions and
store them in system db (shared between freeswitch servers).

Hope you can help me solving the problem.

Thanks
Regards

Francesco