[Freeswitch-users] mod_H.323, working stable ?

Marcel Haldemann marcel.haldemann at convercom.ch
Tue Jun 7 12:44:50 MSD 2016

Howdy fellow Freeswich-Users,

We are using FreeSWITCH since while now with SIP. However, recently I got ask what I would take to support H.323.
I then checked the Docs and the commits in the git repos for mod_h323 and mod_opal.
The changes in the repos seems to be similar (not mutch (only some VS2015 updates) going on in recent years). Regarding the Docs it seems better to use mod_h323 rather than  mod_opal, as it is in a "beta" stage (info from 2008, maybe outdated ?).
The underlying project H323plus seems to have stopped development in 2014.

Is there someone, currently using H.323 with FreeSwitch and made it working stable (preferably using FS 1.6.x) ?
If so, any hints on what mod to use (mod_h323 or mod_opal) ? any traps ? regarding docs in the H323 mod the trunk version of PTLIB does not work. What Version did u use ?

I think it would be better to use mod_h323 or is it suggested to use mod_opal ?

What are your experiences in H.323 with FreeSwitch, does it work stable ?

Trying to get an impression whether it's a good idea to use the H.323 mod (or opal), I'm happy about any feedback. Also if someone countered unresolvable problems with the H.323 mod.

Kind regards