[Freeswitch-users] default muted media on conference ?!

Anonim Stefan fanx07 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:29:49 MSD 2016

Hello,

I am trying to establish a conference group call using the setup pictured
at [1]. Thus, when a user calls to a group extension, all the users in that
group are called.

I have set the sip-ip and rtp-ip bind IPs. Signaling works fine, the phones
in the group ring. When I answer I even hear the wave playback conference
starter/joiner. I can see bindings on the RTP public IP:PORT (using
netstat). I can ngrep packets coming in and out for that ports.

The problem I have is that I can hear no media.

I've been debugging and eliminated the possible networking firewall issues
using netcat over UDP and some high ports, between public and private RTP
ip, in both directions (firewall allows everything).

Thus, I would say that the problem is on the application side. This kind of
looks like a scenario where all conference users are muted, even if I don't
have any rules like that in the dialplan group extension. The freeswitch
ACLs default="allow" and I don't see any "blocked by acl" logs. The logs
look fine: "... muxing call legs".

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan