[Freeswitch-users] mod_esf with polycom

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Thu Jan 28 04:03:37 MSK 2016

Hey, how do you use mod_esf with Polycom?  The source suggests that
it's supported, but the arguments in the documentation seem specific
to Linksys.  From using the feature directly from a handset, I imagine
we have to pass multicast-address, multicast-port and group-number.
I've tried every combination and permutation with no luck.

The reason I'm doing this is because if the emergency group number is
used, the announcements will be at full volume regardless of the
hands-free volume setting.

And also I'm looking to do this in FS because I'm bridging in another
PA system also.

Thanks,

Peter Hartmann
Hartmann Computer Consulting
http://blog.hartmanncomputer.com
(212)203-8870

If I can't explain it to you in plain language, that means I don't
understand it.