[Freeswitch-users] Can FS offer both internal & external IP address?

Ahmed Habiba ahabiba at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:54:36 MSK 2016

It is all about how you want things to run, FS allow to have multiple profile each of them can work on different ip considering that all users can call each other even they are registered on different IPs

here is below and example:

profile1:
     Name—> Internal
     IP      —> 192.168.1.1
     SIP Port —> 5060
 Sip_profile.xml:    <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value=“192.168.1.1"/>
  <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="192.168.1.1”/>

Profile2:
    Name —> internal_nat
    IP       —> 192.168.1.1
    SIP Port —> 5065  —>(Port Forwarded on Router to —> RealIP:5060)
Sip_profile.xml  <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>
  <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

However of the above configuration still both internal and external will be able to call each other based on the below dial string , the “*/“ assure that users from different profile can call each other

   conf/directory/default.xml :   <param name="dial-string" value="{^^:sip_invite_domain=${dialed_domain}:presence_id=${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(*/${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}"/>