[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: hook to event or startup script which will hook to events?

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:37:04 MSK 2016

On 14.02.2016 17:44, Ken Rice wrote:
> Is there a ticket open on this segfault you are avoiding and how to
> reproduce it?

No, I didn't open any ticket, because my FS version is 1.3.13b
cad607d72e compiled at 2013.01.18, so the bug may be fixed or may be
not. I can't update right now the version.

My main question is what is best to capture event?
1) Using <hook event="RECORD_STOP" script="script.lua"/> in lua.conf.
2) or using <param name="startup-script" value="script.lua"/> in
lua.conf and hook to event like for e in (function() return con:pop(1)
end) do....

Comparing performance and stability.

Using 1st method has the advantage that I can change script without
restarting FS. But at my version running it for several hours FS stops
with segfault.

If using 1st method to capture events is better, then I'll update FS and
see if segfault persists or not.
If 2nd method is better - then there is no need for me to update FS
right now.

To reproduce see my first message on this.

--
Mimiko desu.