[Freeswitch-users] AMD

Abaci B abaci64 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:41:47 MSK 2016

Hi all,
I know that in general Intel Xeon processors are recommended over AMD for
FreeSWITCH, my question is if AMD is really bad or just not as good as
Intel, I can get now a server with 4x AMD 6174 (48 Core total) for about
the same price I would pay for a Dual Xeon 6 Core (12 core total), Should I
go for the AMD which will give me 4x the amount of cores or stick to Xeon,
my goal is to get the maximum amount of channels/calls  (doing lua IVR with
no transcoding) and conferencing.
Any help, feedback, benchmarks or personal experience would be appreciated
Thanks