[Freeswitch-users] Running on port 443, pros and cons...

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Wed Oct 28 18:26:27 MSK 2015

> If we talking about sip it useless. Because it will work only for sip TCP
> or sip TLS . It would not work if proxy in the middle. Don't forget about
> rtp ports.

Adapt conf/sip_profiles/internal.xml (or make a separate sip
profile for the vpn) to listen on the VPN address. Config your
sip client to listen on the tun interface with the relevant VPN
ip.

If the public wifi is only allowing egress 443 over tcp, adapt
the vpn config to use tcp. You can even run two different vpn
configurations at the same time (listening on different ports and
protocols).

--
EL