[Freeswitch-users] FS 1.6 multi-platform build without video

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:10:19 MSK 2015

Hi guys,

There are several threads going on about FS 1.4 end-of-life and the fact
that 1.6 can currently only be built on the latest Debian.

I wonder if a compromise is possible.

My understanding from previous discussions (please correct me if this is
wrong) is that the reason for the Debian requirement is the new video
related features that require some of the latest dependencies which are
hard to figure out.

Would it be feasible/easy to create a build that would not have video
features but would build on all the same platforms as 1.4?

If this is doable, then people who want to use the latest video feature
would know that they need to either use Debian or do the legwork to port to
their platform but everyone who just want the latest non-video features and
bug fixes won't live in fear of 1.4 end-of-life.

Does the core team think it's possible?  I'd be happy to contribute to it
with several of my support incidents or may be able to swing a reasonable
bounty.