[Freeswitch-users] CentOS instalation problem

William King william.king at quentustech.com
Sat May 30 05:34:59 MSD 2015

The one of the main reasons is so that we can get FreeSWITCH into the
official distribution repos, but they all require that software use the
system libraries instead of each application hauling along their own
versions of each library. A second major reason is that for many of the
libraries that FreeSWITCH uses in the modules have updates that the
distributions are able to keep up to date more quickly than we can.

We're all working hard to make(keep) building and installing FreeSWITCH
easy. Because of the move to system libs installing on different
platforms(Operating Systems, Distributions, CPU architectures, etc) the
install process has moved from a one process that 'should' work for
everyone to a process per platform:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Installation

To track the progress of FreeSWITCH becoming ready to include into
Debian you can follow this Jira:
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-353

William King
Senior Engineer