[Freeswitch-users] Getting FS to place Outbound calls

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Mon Mar 2 19:29:29 MSK 2015

Ensure that the <gateway name=" velocity-outbound"> exactly, as that is what
FS looks for when you specify sofia/gateway/velocity-outbound in the bridge
line.

A bigger problem might be:
      [DEBUG] switch_channel.c:3222 Send signal sofia/external-ipv6/<number
dialed here> [KILL] This is repeated a few times and finally

This states that the call is being sent out the external-ipv6 profile, which
I'm guessing you're not using.

Each sip_profile describes a unique i.p. address and port number combination
and typically small installations such as yours and mine in our homes need
no more than 2 profiles. What I do is simply rename all unneeded profiles
with a ".txt" extension so that FS won't see an .xml file under the
sip_profiles/ directory tree and not pick them up at all.

Also, note at the bottom of the dialplan/default.xml is an 'include' command
that picks up files in the child directory, which is how it found your
outbound_via_velocity.xml dialplan. Since that is tacked on to the end of
the default.xml dialplan it's possible that an earlier extension condition
is matching your dialed digits and FS never even gets down to your included
dialplan; that might be how your test call got sent out the ipv6 profile. I
find it worthwhile to test for

^9(1\d{10})$

which is convenient since the channel variable $1 will be stuffed with 1
plus the 10 digit destination number that my provider wants to see. Since I
have to dial 9 to make an outside call to my provider this leaves me with
wide flexibility for my internal dialplan.

Of course, you can play with the dialplan to match your needs any which way
you see fit, that's the beauty of FS. Feel free to make a backup copy of the
original dialplan and rip out all the unneeded example extensions that come
with FS, it will make your debugging much easier not seeing all those tests
fly by in the logs. In fact, you could trim it down to only 1 or 2 extension
solely for the purpose of testing these outbound calls to your provider;
when you perfect that, add back what minimal lines you need to get the rest
done.

It looks like you've made substantial progress, you're almost there.

Bote