[Freeswitch-users] Getting FS to place Outbound calls

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 18:14:48 MSK 2015

I have made some progress in learning FreeSWITCH, but now the next hurdle.

I have my in-house softphones connecting to each other and I have an in-house SIP hard-phone connecting to the various in-house extensions.
And I can place a call to my 'outside' number which utilizes the SIP line to connect to one of my in-house extensions.
That is progress!

Now I want to get one of my in-house extensions to be able to connect to an 'outside' number via my single inbound/outbound SIP line.

I have followed the advice found on the web, but it is not working.

1. My Firewall is open to port 5060

2. Within the directory:  conf\sip_profiles\external   I have created a new XML file    velocity_outbound.xml    and within it I configured a gateway
    Since my SIP line provider indicates that:   No SIP authentication is required.    I set the parameters as follows
         <include>
               <gateway name="velocity-outbound">
                       <param name="username" value=""/>  <!-- No Username needed -->
                       <param name="password" value="" />  <!-- No Password needed -->
                       <param name="proxy" value="<my SIP line IP address here>"/>
                       <param name="register" value="false"/>  <!-- No Registration needed -->

                      <!-- which transport to use for register -->
                      <param name="register-transport" value="udp"/>
                </gateway>
          </include>

3. In the directory:  conf\dialplan\default\     I created a new file:   outbound_via_velocity.xml   in which I defined what to do:
         <include>
           <extension name="domestic.velocity.short">
              <condition field="${toll_allow}" expression="domestic"/>
              <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d{10})$">
                 <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}"/>
                 <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}"/>
                 <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/velocity-outbound/$1"/>
              </condition>
          </extension>

          <extension name="domestic.velocity">
              <condition field="${toll_allow}" expression="domestic"/>
              <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d{11})$">
                  <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}"/>
                  <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}"/>
                 <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/velocity-outbound$1"/>
              </condition>
           </extension>
        </include>

I attempt to place an outside call and I only get a BUSY.

I look at the freeswitch.log and I see that the new gateway file is accessed:
       Action bridge(sofia/gateway/velocity-outbound/<number dialed here>)
Later in the log I see
       (sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here>) State Change CS_INIT -> CS_ROUTING
Followed by:
       sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here> entering state [calling][0]
      [DEBUG] sofia.c:6403 Channel sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here> entering state [terminated][503]
      [NOTICE] sofia.c:7286 Hangup sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here> [CS_CONSUME_MEDIA] [NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE]
      [DEBUG] switch_channel.c:3222 Send signal sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here> [KILL]
This is repeated a few times and finally
      (sofia/internal/1001@<my FS IP address here>:5060) Locked, Waiting on external entities
      (sofia/internal/1001@<my FS IP address here>:5060) Ended
      (sofia/internal/1001@<my FS IP address here>:5060) Running State Change CS_DESTROY
      (sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here>) Ended
      (sofia/external-ipv6/<number dialled here>) State DESTROY going to sleep

(Obviously due to the MANY lines of info in the log, I am only showing a few of them here)

I am not yet familiar enough with 'interpreting' what the log is trying to tell me with the exception of:  Something Did Not Work.

Have I not created and/or configured something wrong in order to get my call out working?

Any other suggestions/advice?

Thanks,
TF