[Freeswitch-users] Unable to run fs_cli (returns Error Connecting [Socket Connection Error])

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 29 23:49:33 MSD 2015

WHOAH SCOOTER, You will want to review the vanilla config for event_socket,
it adds an ACL that also make sure nobody else can talk to your ES :)

As for keeping up, watch the commit log? Week In Review?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Craig Stevenson <craig at stevenson.com>
wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Nice!  That was it.
>
> But, it raises another question.  Sometime between June 10th and June
> 29th, the FreeSWITCH install process changed.  The parameter 'listen-ip' in
> event_socket.conf.xml went from '127.0.0.1' to '::'.   Was that something
> that changed in FreeSWITCH install or did something else change?
>
> And if it was in the FreeSWITCH install, how do we find out which
> parameters in various modules are being added, removed, modified?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>
>> Verify your config for mod_event_socket looks like what we have in
>> master, I highly suspect your doing fs_cli and its connecting to ::, which
>> by default event socket doesn't listen on :: it listens on 127.0.0.1, and
>> your /etc/hosts file will have localhost as ::, so you can take the config
>> from master and install it and it will work on ipv6 and ipv4 without a
>> problem.
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Craig Stevenson <craig at stevenson.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have an automated script that I have been using to build the 1.6/1.7
>>> (master) branch for FreeSWITCH.  Debian = Jessie (8.1); git branch = master.
>>>
>>> Life was good.  But, about a week (or two) ago, I was no longer able to
>>> run fs_cli from a shell window on my new builds...
>>>
>>> craig $ fs_cli
>>> [ERROR] fs_cli.c:1610 main() Error Connecting [Socket Connection Error]
>>>

>>> FreeSWITCH itself is running in the background perfectly fine.  I can
>>> place calls; and tail -f on the log file shows the same activity that would
>>> expect to see on the fs_cli console.  The process is is running as user
>>> "freeswitch" and all of the standard directories are owned by
>>> "freeswitch".  And no obvious errors in the build log (but honestly, not
>>> sure I'd spot the error in all the text if there was one :-)
>>>
>>> Any hints on what the issue might be?  Thanks.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

ClueCon 2015 Call for Speakers <https://www.cluecon.com/call-for-speakers/> |
Register <https://freeswitch.com/cart.php?gid=1> TODAY! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest