[Freeswitch-users] High Availability for Webrtc/DTLS ?

Sharath Kumar Sharath.Kumar at meZocliq.com
Fri Jun 5 18:11:07 MSD 2015

Okay I will and let you know. So when you say a new media session, will you do a fresh offer-answer with the far end ?

From: freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Michael Jerris
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 6:34 PM
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] High Availability for Webrtc/DTLS ?

I've never tested it, but when we recover we are really establishing a new media session, so it likely works.  Give it a try.

On Thursday, June 4, 2015, Sharath Kumar <Sharath.Kumar at mezocliq.com<mailto:Sharath.Kumar at mezocliq.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Freeswitch for terminating DTLS traffic while the webrtc/websocket is terminated by a Kamailio front-ending the FS.
Assuming I have HA configured as given here https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/High+Availability
Can I successfully recover calls on the secondary using ‘sofia recover’ when the primary crashes ?
My gut feel is it won’t work since the DTLS context probably needs to be sent to the secondary as well ? Perhaps the secondary needs to do a new offer-anwer and regneg DTLS ?

Thoughts? I am going to try this anyway but if someone knows it will save me a ton of time.

Thanks,
Sharath