[Freeswitch-users] Anyone running FS 1.6 + Video in Google Cloud (or AWS)?

Craig Stevenson craig at stevenson.com
Wed Jun 3 20:18:04 MSD 2015

I think there may be additional advise that is not documented on the FS 1.6
+ Video install pages...

Please correct me if I am missing something here, but the following edits
are needed:

1.  Set ext-rtp-up parameter (IPv4 profile) in
.../conf/autoload_configs/verto.conv.xml.  Otherwise, Verto will not
initiate a connection stun:stun.freeswitch.org and the FreeSWITCH instance
will use private IP addresses instead of public IP address in the offered
SDP (WebRTC client can't return packets to a private network).

Replace:  <!--  <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value=""/> -->

With:   <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="$${external_rtp_ip}"/>

2.  Documentation on FreeSWITCH network configuration says to open UDP
ports 16384-32768.  But, I am seeing UDP ports up into the 60K range, so
either enable the port-limit parameters or extend the UDP range on the
firewall.

With these changes, FreeSWITCH is now using STUN to learn its public IP
address and the firewall is no longer blocking return UDP packets from the
WebRTC client.

-- Craig

p.s., There are still a few more "secret codes" I need to find to make the
demo properly work; I'd welcome any additional hints from others who have
made it all the way down this path.