[Freeswitch-users] Mod-Sofia ability to dial Alphanumeric characters in invite?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Tue Jan 20 00:38:59 MSK 2015

Why do you have two sets of double quotes in your destination number
expression? That could be causing your error.

Your guess is correct; you should be able to match your expected
string with something like the following:

<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\+C\d+)$">

You need to escape the "+", match "C", and match any number of digits.
Note the one set of double quotes surrounding the expression.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Magnus Kelly <magnus.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/01/2015 16:03, "Kristian Kielhofner" <kris at kriskinc.com> wrote:
>
>>It's well within standard and actually required for many platforms.
>>
>>What does your bridge string look like?
>>
>>On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Magnus Kelly <magnus.kelly at gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>> Hello Guys,
>>>
>>>  Is it possible to use FS with alphanumeric characters in the SIP
>>>invite?
>>>
>>> As in I would like to send an invite addressed to  +C27344xxxxxxxxxx as
>>>one
>>> of our upstream platforms uses a C prefix.
>>>
>>> What I observe with default is " [ERR] mod_sofia.c:4431 Invalid URL "
>>>
>>> If possible to support what would need to be changed? I am assuming that
>>> this is outside the SIP standards, but confirmation would equally be
>>>useful.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Magnus
>>>

>>>_________________________________________________________________________
>
> Hello Kristian,
>
> I also re-read bit further and figured out it was a silly question as how
> else would names be used, however I am using a simple dial plan - as in
> the below -
>
> <extension name="test">
>       <condition field="destination_number" expression=""^(\d+)$"">
>     <action application="export" data="dialed_extension=$1"/>
>     <action application="set" data="call_timeout=30"/>
>     <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
>     <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
>     <action application=³bridge² data="sofia/$1 at 10.x.x.x"/>
>     <action application="answer"/>
>     <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
>       </condition>
>     </extension>
>

> And when the incoming invite that¹s destined to dial out on other leg
> comes as ³ +C27344xxxxxxxxxx " I get the error as in ³ [ERR]
> mod_sofia.c:4431 Invalid URL ³
>
> I will continue to review but thoughts welcome. my guess is need to study
> perl expressions.
> Thanks
> Magnus

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org