[Freeswitch-users] Mod-Sofia ability to dial Alphanumeric characters in invite?

Magnus Kelly magnus.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:17:24 MSK 2015

On 19/01/2015 16:03, "Kristian Kielhofner" <kris at kriskinc.com> wrote:

>It's well within standard and actually required for many platforms.
>
>What does your bridge string look like?
>
>On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Magnus Kelly <magnus.kelly at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>>  Is it possible to use FS with alphanumeric characters in the SIP
>>invite?
>>
>> As in I would like to send an invite addressed to  +C27344xxxxxxxxxx as
>>one
>> of our upstream platforms uses a C prefix.
>>
>> What I observe with default is " [ERR] mod_sofia.c:4431 Invalid URL "
>>
>> If possible to support what would need to be changed? I am assuming that
>> this is outside the SIP standards, but confirmation would equally be
>>useful.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Magnus

Hello Kristian,

I also re-read bit further and figured out it was a silly question as how
else would names be used, however I am using a simple dial plan - as in
the below -

<extension name="test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression=""^(\d+)$"">
    <action application="export" data="dialed_extension=$1"/>
    <action application="set" data="call_timeout=30"/>
    <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
    <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
    <action application=³bridge² data="sofia/$1 at 10.x.x.x"/>
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

And when the incoming invite that¹s destined to dial out on other leg
comes as ³ +C27344xxxxxxxxxx " I get the error as in ³ [ERR]
mod_sofia.c:4431 Invalid URL ³

I will continue to review but thoughts welcome. my guess is need to study
perl expressions.
Thanks
Magnus