[Freeswitch-users] Testing inbound calls from LOTS of origin points?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Jan 7 20:00:11 MSK 2015

Hi Nathan,

  Justin Newman proposed something along these lines about a month ago
on Voiceops. He wrote:

---
Greetings,

I'm currently building out daily testing of a large set of outbound
providers against a wide array of destinations. I'm looking for other
facilities-based LECs who would offer up a telephone number that
either:
- answers the phone then plays a recording we provide (consisting of
test tones, etc.)
- forwards incoming calls to a toll free number (which will answer &
play a similar recording)

Estimated call volume is 100-200 calls per day, max. of 1 concurrent
call. ACD of 15-30s.

If you work for a company who would be willing, please drop me an
email off list and we can coordinate. The perks of participating
include knowing someone's doing a fairly substantial test of a wide
array of carriers a couple of times a day, and opening tickets with
the carriers when there are problems. We'll also try to provide some
visibility into problems, particularly if we see them from the big
carriers.

Many thanks,

-jbn
---

  There were no replies on list but he may have received some directly...

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul at mst.edu> wrote:
> Anyone know of any good way to test inbound calls from lots of different origins? Similar to what you do with things
> like 'global dns propagation checker'?
>
> I'd like to be able to periodically validate inbound calls from a bunch of different sources - ideally taking different
> paths inbound. (We've had a number of occasions lately where we suspect a routing problem external to our sip carrier
> only affecting certain inbound call sources.)
>
> I realize I can probably do this by hand, just by getting SIP trunks from a bunch of different providers, but is there
> any way that is a bit less manual/time consuming/third party to do the heavy lifting/etc?
>
> -- Nathan

> Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
> Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
> System Administrator - Architect

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Kristian Kielhofner