[Freeswitch-users] Where to go from here?

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Wed Feb 25 03:06:26 MSK 2015

The answer lies in your FreeSWITCH logs. My best guess is that your provider
is dumping calls to FS port 5060 which is typically used for registering
internal stations.

So FS looks up your service provider's i.p. address in the ACL, doesn't find
it, challenges it for authentication credentials which it clearly doesn't
have, and hangs up.

FreeSWITCH is really a back-to-back user agent so I have mine register with
CallCentric and they work out the ports amongst themselves. Since FS
shouldn't require this much tweaking if you use port 5080 in the external
profile, I recommend you take steps to move to that configuration. If you
can map their port 5060 connections to port 5080 inside your LAN that might
work. If you can't do that, ask them to send to your port 5080, it's a
reasonable request.

But really the FS logs tell you what is happening. Ultimately, if you want
to use FS you need to understand what the logs tell you so now is the best
time to get acquainted with them.

Look for a green line similar to:
 "Processing XYZ <3012893223>->1000 in context default"

I'll bet that's where your problem lies. The "default" context is used by
registered extensions and uses the dialplan named "default.xml", whereas you
want those calls to arrive at your public profile and use the public context
which is drastically limited in what can be dialed (for good reason). Once
you steer them to the right port in FS it should do what you want.

Bote