[Freeswitch-users] RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE only when options-ping is enabled / FS TLS roundup

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 17 18:08:25 MSK 2015

If you can post your configs and logs so we can view them maybe we can
replicate what you're having take place.  Be sure to clearly outline all
endpoints used and call flows tested.  Also what type of cert are you using?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:11 AM, Emrah <lists at kavun.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am experiencing call drops when using TLS. Calls terminates with a 408
> RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE.
> this seems to only happen when I use options-ping. It never occurred when
> I disabled it on the profile, however I need it and had to reenable it. I
> think that it may also be only happening on user accounts that have
> multiple devices registered.
>
> This erratic behavior of FreeSWITCH over TLS is very disconcerting and
> none of my messages seem to have created any traction so far.
>
> The Wiki page about TLS is outdated and contains wrong information. For
> instance, it says all the RTP and signaling will be encapsulated over the
> TLS port if TLS is used and this is absolutely incorrect. RTP will remain
> negotiated over UDP and will have to be separately encrypted. SSLv23 is
> deprecated now and so TLS v1.1 or v1.2 are the only viable options.
>
> Now. I think it would benefit everyone if those among you that have had a
> successful experience with FS and TLS could share some of their best
> practices.
>
> So far, I have been successful at making and receiving calls over TLS and
> SRTP. Lately I've been experiencing call drops with the
> 408 RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE. In addition to that, the call setup process
> will randomly fail because my clients experience an SSL error while sending
> the auth packet after receiving the 407.
> Does this speak to anyone?
>
> Cheers

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest