[Freeswitch-users] ext-sip-ip, dyndns and NAT

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Wed Dec 30 11:35:03 MSK 2015

Your note in the P.S. is exactly what is recommended on the NAT Traversal
page:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/NAT+Traversal

"If FreeSWITCH sits behind NAT with dynamic DNS and stun doesn't work, you
should write a script that determines your public IP address, makes the
change, and calls reloadxml. This also holds true for the external profile.
No special processing happens to determine the IP address before the
variable gets passed to the external profile."

There is also this warning:
"Do not set ext-rtp-ip to a domain name instead of an IP or STUN entry; you
will encounter a "SIP/2.0 500 Cannot Get IP Address for Media" error."

I know very little about NAT problems, but maybe that script idea is best
for a dynamic DNS situation. I know dyndns.org insists on a very few update
clients that they trust; what client do you have updating your dynamic DNS
entry?

---
Bote

FreeSWITCH Docs Janitor