[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Communication Project #1

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Wed Aug 19 12:58:43 MSD 2015

Use case:
I'm running a calling card, and as such, I just need a proxy in front that
will distribute amongst the FS servers, with the ability to drain them for
maintenance & add new servers based on load.

Functionality that could be updated to be more cluster-friendly:
While trying to run active/passive with user registration, one really
annoying issue I ran into was voicemail messages & greeting files
synchronization. There seemed no good way to have those be highly available
without either a SPOF network drive or introducing something like
moosefs/etc to the mix.

One idea, which admittedly is something often frowned upon, is that while
running odbc with databases already replicating to shove the files into the
voicemail DB.

Perhaps a more generic data store, e.g. mod_voicemail_X would be helpful
that plugs into replicated key-value or nosql, e.g. rethinkdb, mongo,
couchdb, etc. with a fallback to store on disk (like cdrs) if it fails to
save it, for later importing.

-Avi Marcus

1-718-989-9485 (USA)
1-866-202-5850 (USA & Canada Toll Free)