[Freeswitch-users] Building FS on Ubuntu 14.04 & libyuv

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Aug 17 19:49:50 MSD 2015

Its not well supported because nobody that cares has stepped up to help
make sure the packaging of the deps are correct.

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Paul Cuttler <paulcuttler at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Ken & Michael,
>
> On that basis I'll move this to Debian and/or CentOS. I had v1.4 working
> well with Ubuntu and didn't realise it wasn't so well supported.
>

> On 17/08/2015 1:54 PM, Michael Jerris wrote:
>
> If building master, there are significant additional dependencies, some of
> those include some updated dependencies that you must use our updated
> copies of, the far easiest way to do so would be to use the following
> directions for how to install on Debian Jessie.
>
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+1.6+Video
>
> If you must use Ubuntu, you will have to figure out what dependencies and
> modifications you will need in order to properly update all the required
> dependency libraries (note, if this is not done properly, you may get it to
> build, only to have significant instability and crashing), you might need
> some of the libraries at:
>
> https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/SD
>
> This is a mostly full list of dependencies we build or rebuild for some
> different platforms.  You would have to figure out what exactly is
> necessary and what exact versions are necessary for ubuntu, it may involve
> finding different versions and applyinh some of our patches to them.
>

> On Aug 16, 2015, at 11:39 PM, Paul Cuttler <paulcuttler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build Freeswitch on Ubuntu Server 14.04 and getting the
> following error:
>
> You must install libyuv-dev to build mod_fsv.
>
> It looks like this is a known issue but I can't find anything that gets
> around it. Could someone please let me know if there's a solution. I really
> only need to use mod_rtmp and any modules it depends on (eg obviously
> mod_sofia for starters), so perhaps I can disable mod_fsv and others but
> I'm not sure which ones.
>
> thanks,
>
> Paul

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest