[Freeswitch-users] is there a group_confirm_timeout setting?

Phillip Jones pjintheusa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:36:35 MSD 2014

Hi there,

I have question about group_confirm and I am hoping someone can help:

I am bridging a call and prompting the called party to press 1 to answer.
Works great:

<action application="answer"/>
         <action application="set"
data="group_confirm_file=phrase:ppn_to_accept_call_from"/>
<action application="set" data="group_confirm_key=1"/>
<action application="bridge" data="{leg_timeout=10}user2/1001
<action application="say" data="en number pronounced 54321"/>

You will notice that leg_timeout is 10 (set low to test). So that gives the
caller just a couple of seconds to answer. So I add:

* <action application="set" data="group_confirm_cancel_timeout=true"/>*

This cancels that leg_timeout - the call now will stay up until the called
party presses 1 or either party hangs up.

If a call goes to a cell phone voicemail - this can result in a long
message of repeated "press 1 to accept call". And I cannot move the calling
party on to the next dialplan action.

I tried originate_timeout and call_timeout and all seemed to be cancelled
by group_confirm_cancel_timeout, as you might expect.

Is there a way to set a timeout in that group_confirm stage? For
example a *group_confirm_timeout
*setting. That would set the seconds the called party has to confirm?

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil