[Freeswitch-users] The SIPTLS/SRTP B2BUA saga continues

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 01:42:14 MSD 2014

Tim,

Russell's responses never even register a 2 on the snark-o-meter where your
response with 2 words at a time are off the charts.

The key to communication is to over state the obvious because either side
of the conversation may be completely misunderstanding you even when you
think its glaringly obvious.  Sometimes adding humor like the Dragnet
"names changed to protect the innocent" can cause someone reading a lot of
email that day to overlook what it's actually trying to say.  Especially
when you get an indication he did not understand, you have to try harder to
be patient.  Some of us have been answering questions here for 10+ years
and have to resist the urge to facepalm all the time.

EXAMPLE:

Russel,
You may have missed my explanation but I have substituted the IP in my
trace with RFC1918 IPs for security reasons.

If he still didn't grok it after something like that, I see why you might
give up.

My whole point was that Russell actually devotes a regular amount of time
every week to check JIRA and this list and help answer.  If I was doing
something similar just to help out and I got treated the same way, I might
say, screw this .... and not help anymore.  I don't want that to happen so
I am asking you to please be patient with other users on the list.

There is no need to draw any lines because Russell is not mad, nor does he
need to concede anything.  He didn't understand you and stopped helping you
as soon as you sent that last email directed at him.  You probably want to
avoid that cos you needed help.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Tim Smith <randomdev4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> Actually, I wasn't flaming him.
>
> I quite clearly politely gave him an opportunity to go back and
> re-read when I said "Please try reading my original post whereby I
> clearly said .......".
>
> He just came back saying the same silly thing.  Thats when I got the
> impression he was doing it deliberately to annoy me rather than just
> having missed what I said !
>
> But look, as I said.... I'm willing to draw a line in the sand and
> move on.  I trust Russel is the same too.
>
> Tim

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH