[Freeswitch-users] Codec Error

Ali R. aroumie at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 19:33:52 MSD 2014

Hello All,

I'm getting the below error while in pass-through mode (proxy_media=true) but I get success when the disable transcoding is set on the sofia profile.

[WARNING] switch_core_codec.c:703 Codec G723 Exists but not at the desired implementation. 8000hz 20ms
[ERR] switch_core_media.c:2285 Can't load codec?

I did hear about broken SIP devices out there but since it works fine when disable transcoding is set, I thought I give it a shot on the mailing list and while at it, this error does not occur in case of another pass-through codec(G729)

Here are my settings when in proxy media mode:
Sofia Profile:
inbound-late-negotiation = true
inbound-codec-negotiation = greedy (tried scrooge)
I also tried rtp-autofix-timing=true (no luck)

DialPlan:
proxy_media=true
bridge

FS version tried: 1.5.13b & 1.2

with proxy-media (failed)
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/23205

with disable-transcoding is set (success)
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/23206

Your help or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ali_R