[Freeswitch-users] RTP Packet Loss Troubleshooting

Linux Vince linuxv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:39:00 MSD 2014

I have installed freeswitch and testing with SiPP

FreeSwitch was easily able to handle 1700 concurrent calls.

However when it starts going near 2000 my RTP packets are being lost and
audio is totally gone in some cases.

How do i troubleshoot this ? And how to tune RTP performance for FreeSwitch.

I checked that CPU is not fully utilized and is somewhere around 40% range
and memory is only at 10%.

Also network interface is not fully utilized as well as i was able to
transfer files from server and interface was able to handle much more
bandwidth than it was running.

Please help.